Persons who carry out economic activities on the Internet or other electronic means (email, SMS, MMS, etc.) and have the management of their business or permanent establishment in Spain, must comply with the provisions of Law 34/2002 , Of July 11, on Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce (LSSI). This Law is also applicable even if the services provided are free, if they represent an economic activity for the provider (for publicity, sponsorship, etc.)
However, according to the activities and functionalities of each specific website, including ecommerce, in addition to the LSSI, other laws, both general and from Autonomous Communities, must be complied with.
Have legal and technical support to comply with the different regulations that result from application in function of the characteristics of the website, avoiding the imposition of sanctions and provide transparency and security to the website, will result in an increase in trust of its customers and suppliers online.
Consequences of non-compliance with the Law
Failure to comply with the applicable regulations may lead to the imposition of penalties provided for in each standard that has been infringed, which will be applied cumulatively.
Only with regard to non-compliance with the provisions of the LSSI, this Law provides for the warning and imposition of fines of up to 600,000 euros, as well as the prohibition of action in Spain for a period of two years.
In addition, in the event of serious or very serious infringements, provisional measures may be taken even before the initiation of the disciplinary proceedings, and serious coercive measures are foreseen in the event of non-compliance.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU:
- Advising on legalization of websites and recommending the implementation of appropriate technical measures in order to effectively apply the regulations.
- Adapting your website to the current regulations according to the characteristics of the same.
- Auditing websites that are already in operation in order to detect any legal and technical irregularities that may occur and correct them.
- Granting the Seal of Confidence LEGAL CBM, a badge of transparency, security and trust, which can be displayed on your website.
- Intervening in its defense in the administrative and judicial proceedings that can be initiated in case of denunciation or ex officio inspection.